athelites Multi-Step Strategy
First, we will help you figure out what kind of college "fits" you. Think about what type of college would be right for you athletically and academically and about what would provide you with a compatible, appealing physical and social environment. Then, we’ll help you narrow down your search to:
- the level of college or university you desire, i.e. NCAA DI, DII, DIII or NJCAA or NAIA.
- the location of college or university you prefer, i.e. east, west, south, north.
- the size of college or university you prefer, i.e. small (fewer than 5,000 students), medium (5,000 to 15,000 students), large (more than 15,000 students) or very large (more than 30,000 students).
Once you have narrowed down your preferences, you may want to visit a few schools with your parents, high school coach or sports club for some first-hand experiences.
Once we have a clear idea of what kind of colleges you want to approach for recruitment, athelites can go to work for you. We can increase your chances of being noticed and recruited before rosters fill up, scholarships are awarded and opportunities are missed.
athelites will put your athletic and academic information on athelites.com as a Student Athlete Profile, where coaches from across the country can log in and see it. Your online Student Athlete Profile will include your:
- personal athelites Player Rating (APR) and athletic statistics
- personal athelites Academic Rating (AAR), comprised of your class records, high school transcript, core GPA, SAT/ ACT, honors and achievements.
If you’d like to enhance your athelites Student Athlete Profile, you can have the option to include photos and video of yourself in a game and or a skill drill session.
Once your profile is on athelites.com:
- coaches will be able to log on and review your profile as they build team rosters or consider scholarship offer decisions.
- you and other student athletes will be able to log on and compare your APRs and AARs.
- you will be able to log on to athelites.com anytime and update your athletic and academic information (subject to verification).
- Your athelites profile is secure. You and other student athletes will be able to log on and compare APRs and AARs only in the context of aggregate ratings—never by individual or name. Only coaches who have registered and have been verified by athelites will be able to access your information.
In addition to posting your Student Athlete Profile, athelites will:
- email your Student Athlete Profile to up to 50 colleges you select from our database of nearly 2,500 four-year institutions and nearly 1700 two-year institutions.
- follow up with your selected colleges by telephone, email and direct mail on your behalf.
- email your Student Athlete Profile to college coaches from around the country who contact athelites requesting recommendations and referrals for prospects meeting specific criteria.
- include your Student Athlete Profile as a link in monthly emails that athelites sends to all college coaches, including the coaches at your 50 selected colleges.
Once during your high school career (preferably your sophomore or junior year), you may select up to ___colleges to receive a special direct mail marketing package about you, which athelites will create and send on your behalf. This can make a great impression on a college coach and identify you as a selected athelites prospect— one who has already met or exceeded our athletic and academic pre-qualification standards. This also can have a significant impact on a college coach as he or she makes scholarship offer decisions.
Your personal direct mail marketing package will consist of:
- a printed “brochure” version of your personal Student Athlete Profile, including your APR, AAR and photos.
- your personal evaluation video on DVD.
- a personal hand written letter to the coaches, which you will compose yourself.
athelites will provide face-to-face consultation to you and your parents when the time comes to prepare for interviews with coaches or sort through and evaluate recruitment offers. We also can support you with guidance based on our first-hand knowledge of you and your athletic ability.
Every year, college coaches are looking for qualified student athletes as they build team rosters and consider scholarship offer decisions. For just $560 per year, the athelites Recruitment Consulting Program can help you stand out from the thousands of student athletes from high schools across the country and get recognized as a viable recruiting prospect. (Optional upgrade costs may apply.)
Get the guidance and support you need to prepare for and navigate through the college sports recruiting process. Register today for the athelites Recruitment Consulting Program.